Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Does your Razer DeathAdder suck?

Bought a Razer DeathAdder months ago and I like the look and feel... unfortunately it has annoying problems...
  • The middle click couldn't be assigned to a true middle click. Somehow it functioned correctly in IE tabs. But that was it. It doesn't work on tabs in VS 2005 or anything else it seems. A test app I wrote to display received WM messages showed that the middle click (no matter what it was assigned to in the razer drivers) sent no messages at all! Very confusing though since it worked for IE tabs... I guess somehow IE intercepted the middle click before the razer drivers? *shrug*
  • Sometimes seems to miss clicks.
  • Buttons often feel sluggish.
Solution?
Just uninstall the drivers. You lose the special crap they have in there but you can use it without the desire to smash it against the wall.

I almost submitted a ticket with razer support, but decided I just don't care. I'm sure the development team is aware, and if not... I just don't care. The last thing I want is a template response from a low level non-technical employee being paid minimum wage to run interference.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my DA sucks big time man... at first it was awesome...the surface the clicks.. everything was superb . after 1 year..or so.. the rubber surface tend to go sticky and its easily to scratch off. oh and the big headache thing is the left click..OMg man.. it went double clicking crazy like nutz with 1 click. need to put some WD40 oil to fix it..it only last for a period and need to re-oil back again = = ||| rubbish

Anonymous said...

Yes it is very problematic.

Anonymous said...

hi its me again, "my da sucks big time".

anyway. i found a way to fix d click more effectively... by changing a new clicking hardware inside d mouse. just get a cheap mouse and take out the clicking hardware wif a soldering. and replace d 'big headache' from ur DA. tats should do d job well done. =D

Anonymous said...

Fuck that, not worth the trouble. Every razer mouse I've had has had this stupid double clicking problem. Logitech mice are way too big, they are bricks with a laser on the bottom. So what the fuck do I do?

Anonymous said...

I loved it for the first bit but then out of nowhere it started becoming unresponsive. It would stop working for a second, then work, which was really annoying. Now I have reached the point where it stopped working completely. I really don't recommend buying this mouse.da 2013 sucks